It is one thing for a new version of software to be released and it is another thing that is most certainly disappointing that your device is ruled out of receiving the update. This is what Microsoft has done with the Windows 11 update. With the imminent release of the new Windows 11, there is the need for your PC to meet the minimum specification in order to receive the update. By this alone millions of PC will be left behind from using Windows 11.
You can now try Windows 11 on an unsupported PC
What if I told you that there is a way to receive the Windows 11 Insider build update even if your PC does not meet the requirements will you be happy? Wait we are not encouraging you to do so but if you want to do it it is up to you. Htnovo Is a tech blog that has discovered that there is a way to force Windows 11 into your outdated PC. That even if your PC does not meet the minimum requirements you can still install Windows 11. Like I said we are not encouraging you to go ahead and do it because minimum requirements exist for a reason.
How to try Windows 11 on an unsupported PC
Windows 11 is officially rolling out sometime in 2022 but only for supported computers. You will need to check If your PC supports it first with the PC health checker. However, if your PC does not meet up and you are so eager to install Windows 11 then try the procedure below. The below procedure will enable you to gain access to the Insider build despite your setup.
- The first thing is to sign up to the Windows Insider program, then select Release Preview ring
- Now reboot your computer and then open your Registry Editor
- You want to locate this folder in your registry editor HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ WindowsSelfHost \ UI \ Selection
- Once you have located the folder change text in the UIBranch key to Dev
- Again change the text in the ContentType key to Mainline
- Finally, change the text in the Ring key to External.
- Now navigate your way to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ WindowsSelfHost \ Applicability
- Change text in BranchName key to Dev
- Also, change the title ContentType key to Mainline
- Finally, change the text in the Ring key to External
- Exit the registry editor and then reboot your computer
Just like that you have it
After managing to complete the steps above, if done correctly you will find yourself in the Dev ring. This is now when you will receive the first update within the coming week even if your PC is not supported. By carrying out the steps listed above you have successfully bypassed the minimum requirements. You should also be prepared to live with whatever downside comes with it.