As a small business owner, you definitely need a credit card to grow your business from being a small business to a big one. This is why it is important for small businesses to apply for credit cards it might be their first credit card but this article will help you successfully get one. Business credit cards offer many benefits that your business cannot afford to miss out on. On that note, today we are going to take a look at How to Get Approved for Your First Small Business Credit Card.
How Do Business Credit Cards Work?
Before going ahead and start listing all the methods and steps on how to apply for your first small business credit card let’s, first of all, take a look at how they work. Many business credit cards offer high spending and high reward which is good for your business. Besides that many business credit card also offers business spending and tracking ability to monitor your business spending.
You do not need a business employer number in order to apply for a business credit card. You can simply apply with your social security number and your borrowing history. However, business credit cards require a guarantee before they can be given. You the business owner is personally responsible for paying the bar so if you make a late payment or miss a payment it reflects on your credit history.
Benefits of Business Credit Cards
There are many benefits of a business credit card that you can get when you reply and get approved for any of the business credit cards at are. A business credit card works more like a personal credit card which gives you rewards and perks for spending. But having a business credit card needs that they are some extra rewards that she will not get when using a personal credit card. Below are two of the benefits of using a business credit card:
- It gives you access to a higher credit limit which can help your business in a time of need.
- It also helps you to build your business credit when you maintain good use of the business credit card.
How to Get Approved for Your First Small Business Credit Card
It is very easy to get your first small business credit card if you follow the procedure I have listed below:
- The first step in getting approved for your first small business credit card is to simply research your options. If you have a personal credit card simply research if that same company offers a business credit card or start with your bank checking account to apply for a business credit card.
- Make sure that your credit history is solid before applying for any of the credit cards you have researched above.
- If you have the required credit score for the credit card I want to apply for then you need the below information to fill in when applying for the card:
- Business legal name, address, and phone number
- Type of business and industry designations
- Legal business structure
- Federal tax identification number (your EIN and/or SSN)
- Number of employees you pay
- The Approximate annual business revenue
- Your Estimated revenue, as well as monthly expenses on the credit card you want.
After carrying out the above process your application should now be submitted and then you need to wait for your application to get approved. Keep in mind that it is not advisable to apply for more than one credit card at a time.
Tips on How To Get Approved For your first Small Business Credit Card
Below are some tips on how to get approved for your first small business credit card:
- You should never max out your personal or business credit card this is a big turn of two lenders’ credit card companies.
- Do not frequently apply for new credit cards to eliminate hard inquiries from your credit report.
- Know your correct business structure so that you can properly list it when applying for a credit card.
- Respond to a pre-approval offer.
What Happens If You Aren’t Instantly Approved?
In most cases when people are applying for credit cards nowadays they do not get automatically approved. However, the fact that you did not get automatically up does not mean that you are not definitely going to get approved. Many times after applying for a credit card your application enters the pen at this stage so you have to wait it out and see the results or outcome of your application.
What is the Best Credit Card for my Business?
Different businesses have different needs so One credit card might be good for a particular business but might not be good for yours. To know the best chemicals for your business you need to know the type of business you are running and what benefits you are interested in that can benefit your business. For people that have a travel business, you might want to consider a travel business card, which offers a lot of travel perks.
What is the easiest way to get business credit?
The easiest way to get a business credit card is to have a good credit history and not too frequently apply for a business credit card. Also, make sure that you do not max out your personal credit card because lenders also take a look at this before giving you a business credit card. Make sure your social security number is in place because most lenders hold you liable for missing payments.
How long does it take to get approved for business credit?
The length of time it takes to get approved for a business credit card is totally dependent on the lender that you are applying to. At times you might get automatically approved other times you might have to wait for a few minutes or a few weeks for your application to be approved. The important thing is that you comply with everything that the lender needs.
Can I use my DUNS number for credit?
If you have a good credit history you are good to go because you can start making use of your D-U-N-S number to start applying for loans. The number of loans that will be available to you will be increased because of your good credit history and your D-U-N-S number.