Microsoft is really trying to confuse us after telling us that Windows 10 is all we’ll ever need for our Windows computer, out of the blue Windows 11 leak started to surface. People actually get their hands on copies and then installed it on their computer devices. Microsoft however didn’t say a word until the event where they unveiled and showcased windows 11. Now the preview build is available for the windows 11 OS to install so soon. So in this article, what you will learn, how to download and install Windows 11 preview build.
Windows 11 Preview Build
Like any other preview Build that is available anywhere, they normally come out before the main build is out, This is just a limited feature version of what is going to come on the main build so that users will have a taste. Microsoft is releasing this so that uses can try out the new Windows 11 before its official release and see for themselves what it entails.
Windows 11 is a new redesign and a rethinking of the entire Windows OS almost from the scratch. Windows 11 has lots of features that make Windows much more interesting and easier to use than the previous versions. So to give us a taste of what is to come Microsoft has decided to release the preview build early as they normally do. The good news is that you can now download and install it for free. well, that is if you already have Windows 10 installed on your computer. Keep reading we will soon get to the point where I tell you about how to download and install Windows 11 preview build.
Criteria to Download Windows 11 Preview Build
The preview build has been made available for all users and can be downloaded easily. however there are some criteria to use the windows 11 preview build. I’ll be explaining them below for you to see:
- The first criteria is that you must be running on Windows 10. This is because you cannot upgrade to the Windows 11 preview build from an older version of Windows. You cannot upgrade to it from Windows 7, 8 or 8.1. you can only use the preview build if you already have 10 installed on your computer.
- Your PC has to meet the minimum requirements to run Windows 11, This is because Windows 11 is more enhanced and feature-packed than Windows 10. so definitely older computers would not be able to run Windows 11 very well even if they can upgrade. Now if you are confused if your computer will be able to run it you can make use of the PC Health Check app to confirm.
- Also, you have to be a member of the Microsoft Insider program. If you not a member of the Microsoft Insider program you cannot download the preview build. But you can visit this link to register for the Microsoft Insider program so that you can download it.
- Finally, though this is not compulsory for everyone. if you buy a PC between now and when Windows 11 will be released you will be eligible for a free upgrade.
Features of the Windows 11 Preview Build
There are lots of features though not all of the windows 11 features are inside the preview build, there is a lot of features more than you will need. the features are listed below:
- You have access to the Startup menu.
- Multitasking features are present.
- A new and overhauled Microsoft store is available.
- Updated File Explorer.
- You have the rounded corner feature throughout the entire OS.
- There is improvements to the notification center and volume flyouts.
- Inclusion of the windows 11 parallax motion effect.
- Windows 11 new themes are present.
- The new widgets feature is available.
- There is the new Microsoft snap group and snap layouts feature.
- Improve setting layout and more.
How to download and install Windows 11 Preview Build
I know that after seeing all these many features you are now more than ever interested in installing the Microsoft Windows 11 preview. Without further waste of time let us go ahead and see how we can install it on our computer:
- First of all, go and sign up for the Microsoft Insider program for free using the link above.
- Now, once you are signed up, make sure that your window 10 license is intact. if your Windows 10 license is not intact you will have to a purchase Windows 10 license.
- Sign in to your Windows Insider account and then click on Start flighting.
- Go to your computer Settings and click on Update & Security when the new menu comes out select Windows Insider Program and then click on Get Started.
- Select the + to connect the Microsoft account you registered with and continue under the Pick an account to get started option.
- Now follow the instructions and the on-screen prompts to continue the installation.
- After that click on Confirm to agree with the privacy statement and terms then click on Restart Now.
- Before the installation begins you have to go to settings and turn on privacy to then run diagnostics and feedback. This is to make sure your data settings are correct and up-to-date.
- Finally, head back over to Settings and then select Update & Security, now click on Windows Update and finally click on Check for Update.
if you are a guy like me that normally install Windows 10 over and over again you will know that after clicking check for updates it will take time to check and then the object will begin automatically. After downloading the update Windows will now install the update over several reboots. Make sure to have an uninterrupted power supply or if the laptop battery fully charged. Also, know that for all beta builds, there is always the risk of bugs because it is still under development. keep note of this so that you will not install it on your main work computer.
When will Windows 11 be released?
During last week’s Microsoft Windows 11 showcase event Microsoft gave us a month which is in the holiday season October. Other than that there is no release date yet, we only know that Microsoft is releasing it in October.
In conclusion, trying out windows 11 is a good thing but make sure not to try it on the main computer you use for work. Also when the windows 11 is finally available to download you can carry out the last step of this article to update to Windows 11.