Cancel Geico Insurance – No matter how good a thing is there might come a time when you no longer need the services of that particular thing. In this case GEICO insurance, if you feel like you are no longer in need of your services of GEICO insurance you can simply decide to cancel it.
It is your right to cancel an insurance policy at any time you like. Because your insurance company can cancel it against you if they want to.
So in this article today I’m going to show you all the necessary steps on how to cancel your GEICO insurance if that is what you want to do. However, before cancelling you need to read through this article to know the appropriate things to do.
Cancel Geico Insurance
There is always a chance that someone is going to cancel his or her insurance policy. This is especially if the person feels that he or she is no longer getting a good value for the amount of money he or she is paying. If you feel like your insurance policy is no longer of any use to you and you want to stop payment you can simply cancel it. It is your right as a customer to cancel anytime you want.
How to Cancel Geico Insurance by Phone
It is only possible to cancel your GEICO insurance through your mobile device which is by contacting the insurance company of your intentions to cancel. But you might be required to enter your GEICO customer ID so that they know which particular account to cancel. When you are ready to cancel follow the below instructions exactly:
- Pick up your phone and call the customer care.
- Follow the voice prompts to speak with a representative.
- Finally, tell them about your intention to cancel your insurance policy.
If you do everything right your insurance policy will be cancelled within the shortest timeframe. You should gradually monitor and check to see if it has really been cancelled.
Factors consider before cancelling your GEICO insurance
Before cancelling your insurance policy there are certain things that you need to consider before you can do so. This is so that you do not unnecessarily cancel your insurance policy and start to regret it later on. Below are some certain things you need to consider before cancelling your insurance policy:
- If your reason for cancelling your GEICO insurance policy is because you are moving to another state this is very unnecessary. This is because GEICO offers insurance policies in all 50 states of America so you can simply contact them that you are moving instead of cancelling.
- Another factor to consider before cancelling your insurance policy is if you were recently married and Infield that that is enough reason to cancel your existing insurance. On the contrary, this is not enough reason to cancel your existing each other because you can simply add a spouse to your insurance policy.
- Your existing policy can also cover you when you are driving a rental car so in case your vehicle has been totalled or sold it is not enough to cancel your insurance policy.
These are a few of the reasons why you should not cancel your insurance policy because it will still work in these cases.
Geico Insurance Customer Service
The GEICO insurance customer service is available 24/7 to attend to all your needs. Contacting them is very easy to do all they need to do is to head over to your website and click on contact us. From there you can contact them via email or simply get their phone number and give them a call. It is totally up to you which method we want to use in contacting GEICO insurance.
Cancel Geico Insurance FAQs
Do I Get a Refund if I Cancel Geico Insurance?
It is only payment that you made in advance that you can receive a refund off. Any payment that is made as a premium that is not in advance cannot be refunded to you because you have already used it. However, you can also give them a call to know if you can get a refund when cancelling your insurance policy with Geico.
Does Geico have a grace period after cancellation?
When it comes to late paymts fees Geico has a 9 days grace period that you can still use in making payments if you missed it. However, after that, your policy will be cancelled if you do not make it within the period. There is no late payment fee but you will receive a cancellation notice after 14 days.
How much is GEICO cancellation fee?
If you cancel your Geico insurance there is no cancellation fee, so you do not have to pay any fee for cancelling. But if you miss your payments there is a 9 days grace period. Also if you do not make payments before the 9 days is up you will receive a cancellation letter within 14 days.