That saying that “gold is sold to those who know the value” has completely lost its meaning when you think about how a classic video game will sell for $1.5M. This is coming after a sealed copy of Legend of Zelda was sold for $870,000 at Heritage Auctions Making it the second most expensive video game sold ever.
The Nintendo 64 classic Super Mario 64 has beaten the Legend of Zelda to the title and become the world’s most expensive video game ever sold. It also appears that games sold at these auctions always sell for far higher prices than they were bought.
You should take a look over the past 12 months you will find out that the price of classic video games has been going up in auctions. What seems to be the cause of this we still don’t yet know. Below you will find a list of the highest-selling video games in the world:
- On July 10th, 2020: A copy of Super Mario Bros. was sold at $114,000
- On November 23rd, 2020: 3 copies of Super Mario Bros. were sold for $156,000
- On April 2nd, 2021: Another copy of Super Mario Bros. was sold at $660,000
- On July 9th, 2021: A copy of The Legend of Zelda was sold at $870,000
- On July 11th, 2021: A copy of Super Mario 64 was sold at $1,560,000
If I were you and I have any sealed copy of any classic video games lying somewhere in my house I would sell it and make money off it. This appears to be the easiest way to become a millionaire in 2021. It’s important to know that the Super Mario 64 is the first 3D Super Mario ever.